The Canadian Welding Bureau is looking for a Welding Engineer who will be working out of their home office in Regina, Winnipeg, Ontario, or Quebec to service our clients in Western Canada.
The Welding Engineer is accountable to meet all certification requirements for our clients. These responsibilities include:
- To conduct Retained Engineer’s visits consistently, and completing the necessary reports.
- Helping to generate sales,
- The development of welding procedures,
- To train and complete welding consulting projects for clients throughout Western Canada. This includes communicating with owners, CWB Representatives, engineers, and current and prospective clients.
This position reports to the Manager, CWB Consulting. The following are the qualifications required of a Welding Engineer:
- Have a Professional Engineer accreditation
- Maintain 5-10 years’ experience in the Welding Fabrication, in Welding education or Inspection industry.
- An accredited welding engineer under the recommendations of CSA W47.1, W47.2, W186
- Technical background and knowledge of the joining and welding industry
- Level 1, or 2 Welding Inspector certification is considered an asset
- Fluent speaking ability in English and French is preferred
- Motivating interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Capable of working with computers on a regular basis
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to travel in the territory, and the use of personal vehicle is required
How to send your application
Any person who is interested, or who recognizes someone that may be interested in this Welding Engineer position, should forward a covering letter and resume in writing to Human Resources. Resumes can also be submitted through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or can be faxed to 905-542-1318. Applicants should please include the title of the position which they are applying for in the subject line of your email.